Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Coin Photography

I just finished reading Mark Goodman's "Numismatic Photography" and want to encourage my CC club cousins to pick this booklet up. Goodman does a great job of explaining each different technique to the novice and then taking it up a notch for the expert before moving on to the next step.

One of the best aspects of the book for me was Goodman's style of explaining each process without presuming his reader already has certain photographic skills. The book gets as technical as you can stand. Goodman left me in the dust about 2/3 of the way through...which was furhter than I have gotten before with other instructional photographic books.

Seriously though...this is the gold standard manual and well worth the $25 bucks I shelled out.

Belay Off

2 comments:

The Drummer said...

Thank you for this nice tip. I photograph all my coins and have discovered that it's a very tricky thing to get right. Currently I have a set of "CC" half eagles on display in the NGC registry under "Signature Set Series" that I did all the photos for. They didn't come out bad but I know there's room for improvement. Perhaps this book will make a difference. Either way, I'll be getting my copy of this book soon. Thanks again Belay off for this info.

Mitchell said...

I agree with belay off, the book is a gold mine of useful tips for those starting out or hoping to improve their numismatic photography.