Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, March 28, 2008

A GREAT "MUST READ" ARTICLE

Greetings to all "CC" fans. There is an article that I consider "must reading" for all coin collectors. It was written by Rusty Goe and is entitled "Not all Coin Dealers Struck from Same Die: A Primer on Particular Types of Professional Numismatists" To view this special article, click on this link: http://www.expertclick.com/NewsReleaseWire/default.cfm?Action=ReleaseDetail&ID=20108&f5=1

After you read this, post a comment. I would love to hear what your thoughts are regarding this subject.

5 comments:

JS Husker said...

Finding a good coin dealer is almost as important as learning about the coins themselves.

The Drummer said...

Nice comment js...it's so true especially now when all manner of bogus PCGS & NGC slabs are comming out of China

sierra-biker said...

Nobody other than author Rusty can put this reflection on the industry of Coin dealers,to print!At the end of the day, or rainbow, you have to establish a TRUST-WORTHY REALTIONSHIP with a Dealer or you're screwed!

Anonymous said...

I've been fortunate that I have a number of dealers I can rely on in the Chicago area.

GarryN said...

Once when I was in Houston there was what I thought was a coin shop on Eldridge Drive near where I was working. " _____ Coin". So one night I drove there to just determine what hours they were open. There was a sign on the door that said something like "This is not a coin shop. We do not have coins on display or time for conversation. If you have coins to sell you are welcome to enter." I turned on my heels. The I found US Coin in Houston on Highway 10. Wonderful place.